Chicago Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer

While nursing homes are intended to be a safe environment for our loved one’s long-term needs, sometimes they can be an unsafe environment. Elderly patients who have suffered from any type of physical, emotional, or sexual nursing home abuse at the hands of their caregivers have the ability to hold the nursing home responsible for these damages. Whether the abuse is intentional or the result of neglect, victims of nursing home abuse as well as their families can seek damages through a civil action with an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer in Chicago, IL.

It is important to recognize the signs of possible abuse including any physical injuries or infections, unexplained or suspicious behaviors, unexplained medical sedation or prescriptions, or any unexplainable financial transactions.

If any type of abuse is suspected, take the following steps:

  1. Remove yourself or loved one from the home.
  2. File a police report immediately.
  3. Contact the Illinois Department of Health and file a report.
  4. Seek medical attention if necessary.
  5. Take pictures of any physical injury or abuse.
  6. Gather financial statements and documents regarding transactions between yourself and the nursing home.
  7. Call Ms. Elizabeth C. Ryan, an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer (312) 380-1089 to begin working on your case as soon as possible.

Information to take into consideration includes the following:

  • whether the nursing home is currently licensed
  • whether  background checks are done on all of the staff
  • whether the home provides abuse prevention training;
  • whether the home had any prior complaints or investigations;
  • records of financial transactions between yourself and the nursing home.

Undergoing or witnessing a loved one undergoing abuse in an environment that is intended to provide care for your loved one can be a traumatizing process. Hiring an experienced and well-informed attorney like Ms. Elizabeth C. Ryan is the key to getting the justice and compensation you deserve.

Call now to start consultation on your case as soon as possible (312) 380-1089.