Pedestrian accidents are a specific type of personal injury accident and are unfortunately very common. Often times pedestrian accidents happen due to an unaware or negligent driver. This includes drivers who were speeding, ignored traffic signs or lights, making use of a cell phone, failing to pay attention, or driving while intoxicated. As the injured party, it is your right to utilize our Chicago pedestrian accident lawyers to seek monetary compensation for any current or future medical bills or any time taken off of work due to the accident.
In the event of a pedestrian accident, the following steps should be taken:
- Call the police.
- Gather the information of the driver, including insurance information and their license plate number.
- Seek medical attention.
- Document and photograph all injuries sustained in the accident.
- Seek legal counsel from Ms. Elizabeth C. Ryan, call her at (312) 380-1089.
When a pedestrian accident occurs, insurance companies will start an investigation into the matter immediately. They search for ways in which the accident was not the driver’s fault, such as failure to walk in the crosswalk, or walking into traffic. With that in mind, it is important to take into consideration the following information to better prepare your case:
- all information regarding the driver and automobile (license plate, insurance information, type of car, etc.)
- location of the accident
- the circumstance of the accident
- if traffic cameras are located in the area of the accident
- witnesses to the accident
Attorney Elizabeth C. Ryan is a qualified pedestrian accident lawyer who is willing to help fight for you to receive the compensation that you deserve. Simply call (312) 380-1089 or email to begin consultation on your case.