When you or someone you know is injured due to the negligence of someone else, it is called a personal injury. Lawsuits involving personal injury fall under an area known as tort law; tort being a civil wrong either intentional or accidental, resulting in the injury of another individual. As a victim of a tort, you have a legal right to seek compensation for damages sustained from injuries caused by the person or persons responsible for the accident. Steps you should take are as follows:
- Contact the police, if necessary.
- Take down contact information of all parties involved in the incident
- Go to the emergency room immediately. The doctor will examine you and provide the appropriate course of treatment.
- Take pictures of all the injuries you sustained
- Do not speak to any insurance company representatives or sign any documents
- Contact Ms. Elizabeth C. Ryan, a personal injury lawyer in Chicago at (312) 380-1089 or email
With our help compensation for medical bills, lost work, or future medical bills can be awarded as well as for property damage or emotional injury. Since deadlines for filing these cases, known as the statute of limitations, vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, it is best to contact Ms. Elizabeth C. Ryan as soon as possible to begin consultation on your case immediately.
Relevant information to take note of includes:
- where the incident took place
- whether the other party involved was aware of the incident;
- was the other party involved able to prevent the accident from taking place;
- has something like this ever occurred before;
- were there any other outside factors involved in the injury.
Ms. Elizabeth C. Ryan is an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorney willing to advocate for the compensation you deserve so contact immediately at (312) 380-1089.